Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Looking Back: An Homage to Wisteria Lane

For the past eight years Susan, Lynette, Bree, and Gaby have become four of the most iconic names for women on television. Love it or hate it Desperate Housewives has become a big part of TV history. Without it I don't think many shows would exist today, or maybe not be as well received. Some say it's gotten too ridiculous and while I admit the girls have had their nice and not so nice moments, as a whole Desperate fans can agree that it has always entertained. Even though I may have had my opinions on the last few seasons, when news hit that season 8 would be the last, my heart broke. Originally the girls were going to keep living on the lane until season 9, but because of the business being what it is in Hollywood, my lovely ladies have been snubbed right out of tinsel town, and alas come May it will be a true goodbye.

That goes without saying that as sad as it is for me that one of my all time favorite shows is coming to an end, I couldn't think of any better way to pay homage than to write about it. Now how can I sum up the Housewives in just one blog? I can't. It would be impossible. So instead I've decided to do a whole collection of blogs, at least one for each season, some dedicated to characters, villians, and what have you. It's the only way I could pay homage in a proper way. How the hell can you sum up Edie Britt in one paragraph? Exactly. So for now I am leaving with this small summary of what is to come in the impending months. Things are going to get crazy. It has come out recently that one of the major characters on the lane will die come March. In the DH world that could be anybody, because they've pulled the 'major character death' before and it has never been one of the girls, or their fellas. Okay maybe a husband took a couple stabs before, literally, but that aside with the way things are on the lane it could actually be one of them. And my reaction to whoever takes the fall? NO!! WHY??!! HOW COULD YOU??! Until then, enjoy this beautiful day. We get so few of them.

- Tori -

No comments:

Post a Comment